Welcome to the School Psychologist Webpage!
What do school psychologists do?
- Complete intellectual, social, behavioral, emotional, and functional skills assessments
- Conduct classroom observations of students
- Conduct functional behavior assessments (FBAs)
- Write positive behavior support plans (PBSPs)
- Assist in determining eligibility for special education services
- Participate in child study and problem-solving teams
- Design targeted interventions for struggling students
- Promote school-wide Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS)
- Interpret assessment data and evaluation results to parents, teachers, and students
- Consult and collaborate with teachers regarding interventions and student progress
- Participate in school safety and crisis planning
- Assist in school crisis intervention and response
Have a wonderful school year!